Environmental, Health and Safety
NiSource and its companies will pursue a strong environmental, health and safety program that prioritizes environmental, health and safety responsibilities and achieves environmental, health and safety excellence.
To that end, we pledge to:
- Seek proactive management opportunities for improved environmental, health and safety results while complying with environmental, health and safety laws and regulations and other applicable requirements.
- Improve environmental, health and safety performance through regular self-assessment and performance measurement/targeting.
- Ensure that all employees understand their role in and responsibility for achieving superior environmental, health and safety performance.
- Pursue innovative activities, products, research and investments that provide a healthy, accident-free workplace and a sustainable, quality environment for future generations.
- Integrate and enhance environmental, health and safety considerations into an all business activities.
- Demonstrate and promote pollution prevention, environmental preparedness, waste minimization and recycling.
- Work with government and other organizations to establish programs that safeguard the community and workplace and protect the environment.
- Foster an open dialogue with employees and the public on Corporate environmental, health and safety programs and policies.
- Promote the wise use of energy as a good investment for customers and the environment.
To that end, all personnel are responsible for:
Understanding the environmental, health and safety impacts, hazards and risks associated with their jobs and for following proper procedures to minimize or eliminate those impacts, hazards and risks.
Immediately notifying their supervisors of any workplace injury, any circumstance that might result in a dangerous situation, or any environmental incident so that necessary and appropriate timely preventative and corrective action can be taken to resolve the issue.
For more information, click here.