The Daily Metered Program is available to our commercial and industrial customers who consume more than 250,000 therms annually. Customers need to provide an active phone line and installed telemetering equipment to participate. Customers on the Daily Metered Program choose to purchase their natural gas from a certified supplier instead of Columbia Gas. If you choose to purchase your natural gas from a supplier, we will continue to deliver the same reliable service, read your meter, perform safety checks and respond to emergencies.
The price of natural gas charged by a supplier is set by a competitive market, meaning there is no guarantee you’ll save money, but they may offer pricing and special incentives. You will still receive an invoice from Columbia Gas for the delivery of the natural gas to your location, along with various meter charges, banking and balancing fees and applicable tax. Separately, your supplier will bill you for your for natural gas supply.
How to enroll
- Review the current suppliers. The Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities lists full current approved suppliers.
- Evaluate the offer and compare prices.
- Consider the contract terms. Since many suppliers require you to agree to contract terms, you’ll want to know contract length and if you can cancel.
- Choose a supplier and complete the Customer Enrollment Form, which your supplier is responsible for submitting to us for your enrollment.
- Once enrolled in the Daily Metered Program, your bill will be mailed by the 3rd business day each month.
Astral Energy LLC
Direct Energy Business
Great Eastern Energy
Great Eastern Gas
Josco Energy USA LLC
Plymouth Rock Energy, LLC
Santa Buckley Energy1-800-739-1852
Shell Energy North America713-230-3880
Spark Energy Gas, LP
Sprague Operating Resources, LLC1-800-225-1560
UGI Energy Services, LLC610-373-7999