Newsroom

Newsroom

Incident in Merrimack Valley | Incidente en Merrimack Valley

Sep 13, 2018

Updated 9/13 at 10:15 p.m.​

The Red Cross has established shelters at Arlington School, 150 Arlington Street and Partham School, 255 Haverhill Street. They will accommodate pets. For more information, call 1-774-204-5071.

Original 9/13 at 9 p.m.

Columbia Gas crews are currently responding to reports of multiple fires in Lawrence. Our thoughts are with everyone affected by today’s incident.

The first priority for our crews at the scene is to ensure the safety of our customers and the community by supporting first responders and completing safety checks on our system and in the surrounding area.

We appreciate the response of local emergency responders and their coordination with our teams.

If a customer smells an odor of natural gas, they should leave the area immediately, move to a safe location and call 911 and our emergency number at 1-800-525-8222.

If a customer smells an odor of natural gas:

  • Don’t turn off gas to your house or to any appliances.
  • Don’t try to find the leak yourself or operate pipeline valves.
  • Don’t light a match or candle, or operate anything that could cause a spark, including home phones or cell phones, lights, appliances, flashlights, power tools, etc.
  • Don’t light a match or candle, or operate anything that could cause a spark, including home phones or cell phones, lights, appliances, flashlights, power tools, etc.

We will continue to share information as it becomes available.


Actualizado el 9/13 a las 10:15 p.m.​

La Cruz Roja ha establecido refugios en Arlington School, 150 Arlington Street y Partham School, 255 Haverhill Street. Ellos acomodarán mascotas. Para obtener más información, llame al 1-774-204-5071.

Original 9/13 a las 9 p.m.

Los equipos de Columbia Gas están respondiendo a incendios múltiples en Lawrence. Nuestros pensamientos están con todos los afectados por el incidente de hoy.

La primera prioridad para nuestros equipos en la escena es garantizar la seguridad de nuestros clientes y la comunidad mediante el apoyo a los primeros en responder y la realización de controles de seguridad en nuestro sistema y en el área circundante.

Apreciamos la respuesta del personal de emergencia local y su coordinación con nuestros equipos.

Si un cliente huele a gas, debe abandonar el área de inmediato, mudarse a un lugar seguro y llamar al 911 y nuestro número de emergencia al 1-800-525-8222.

Si un cliente huele a gas natural:

  • No apague el gas a su casa ni a ningún electrodoméstico.
  • No intente encontrar la fuga usted mismo ni opere las válvulas de la tubería.
  • No encienda un fósforo ni una vela, ni opere nada que pueda provocar una chispa, incluidos teléfonos domésticos, celulares, luces, electrodomésticos, linternas, herramientas eléctricas, etc.
  • No abra las ventanas ni las puertas.

Continuaremos compartiendo información a medida que esté disponible.