How to Pay Your Bill in Person
With so many online payment options, we're sure you'll find one that suits your needs.
Authorized Payment Agent Locations
More than 200 authorized payment locations are conveniently located throughout our service area in grocery stores, pharmacies, financial institutions, check-cashing locations and variety stores. All payment locations charge a minimal convenience fee for each transaction.
- Payment locations are authorized to accept all payments (excluding industrial accounts), up to $2,500 per account per day. Federal requirements limit the maximum payment amount at $2,500 per transaction.
- Payment locations use an automated system that enables us to post payments to your account within two business days.
- Some payment locations may charge a consumer fee and may require a bill in order to make a payment or process a security deposit.
Use Only Authorized Payment Agents
Many of our customers pay their bill directly to us or use a payment agent that we've authorized to collect customer payments. However, some customers have begun using bill-payment services that do not have any arrangements with us to process payments. We cannot ensure that payments made through one of these unauthorized bill payment services will be forwarded to us in a timely manner or even ensure that payment will be forwarded at all.
To protect yourself and your utility service, be sure to follow these steps:
- Use caution when making your payment through a third-party bill payment service that is not authorized by Columbia Gas of Massachusetts.
- Be sure to bring both portions (top and bottom) of your bill to provide your account number.
- The payment agent might charge a service fee for each transaction. Contact the payment agent for specifics.
- Most importantly, always keep your receipt.