Small Business Customers
All firm, commercial gas customers whose annual use is less than 40,000 therms are eligible to participate in the Small Commercial & Industrial program. (For customers using greater than 40,000 therms click here).
What We Offer
This Energy Efficiency program offers a no-cost energy assessment of your existing facility or an analysis of the plans for your new facility to identify potential energy saving opportunities. The evaluation examines existing and/or potential natural gas equipment and technologies.
Columbia Gas of Massachusetts will share a portion of the cost to design, purchase and install qualified energy efficiency measures. Columbia Gas of Massachusetts will pay 50 percent of the qualified installed cost, up to a maximum of $50,000 per master meter. To qualify for Program incentives, you must sign an Installation Agreement prior to the commencement of any energy-related work. We will even help you access any incentives that may be available from your electric utility.
Eligible Energy-Saving Measures
- Attic/roof/wall insulation (When R-11 or less exists at time of energy assessment)
- Floor/basement/ceiling insulation
- Heating pipe/duct insulation
- Hot water pipe insulation
- Temperature turndown
- Boiler reset control
- Automatic temperature controls
- Heating system electronic/pilotless ignition
- Burner replacement
- Whole heating plant replacement (does not include distribution system)
- Gas-fired process equipment improvements
- Gas-fired steam absorption chillers
- Water heating system improvements
- Infrared heating systems
- Temperature control improvements
- Heat recovery systems
- Other measures determined on a site-specific basis
For more information, or to schedule a free energy assessment, call our Energy Efficiency Call Center at 1-800-232-0120.