Enhancing quality of life
We’re focused on meeting community needs in the cities and towns we serve. We give back to the communities that have contributed to our success by targeting contributions to non-profit organizations in these areas:
- Safety: Emergency Assistance & Disaster Preparedness, First Aid, Safety Education & Energy Safety
- Economic & Workforce Development: Retention And Attraction Of Job Opportunities; Energy Infrastructure; Community Vitality
- Environmental Stewardship: Protection and Restoration of Natural Resources, Energy Conservation and Environmental
- STEM and Energy Education: Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and Energy Education
- Basic Needs & Hardship Assistance: Food, Shelter, Heating Assistance and Social Service
We also encourage employees to volunteer and provide opportunities for members of our team to support causes important to them and their families. One way we encourage this service is through the NiSource Dollars for Doers program, which contributes up to $500 to organizations where a Columbia employee volunteers. For instance, hundreds of employees support the Lazarus House in Lawrence, Friends of the Homeless in Springfield, and Our Daily Bread in Taunton by serving meals to residents of these homeless shelters while offering a smile, a handshake and a listening ear.
We’re proud to play such an important role. Employee dedication and active involvement, together with our corporate giving, reflect our commitment. These efforts also help us build strong relationships within these communities.
Start the conversation
For more information on grant funding, contact your local Communications Manager.
Give the gift of warmth
Our Good Neighbor Energy Fund helps customers who are temporarily unable to pay their bill.